Monday, February 2, 2015

Kumusta po kayo lahat!!

Sister Kasupanan showed me the pictures of Taylor's baptism yesterday!! I loved seeing the pictures!! I really wish I was there!! It reminded me of when I baptized Rylee!! Ill never forget that!! I miss you all!! 

This week here in the mission field was kind of challenging we didn't get to teach much but we just talked to a bunch of people when for some reason or another we couldn't teach! We talked to several people this week who had actually been to church before with their family or friends. But they haven't been for a while. We asked them if we could come back and share our message with them and they said we could so we have a lot to do this week! Earlier this week we were walking and as we walked by some guys who were smoking and drinking one of them yelled out "Hey Jo you want a drink" so we stopped and talked to them. Not the best OYMing approach I know but after a while we were talking to about 6 people one of them had been to church before with her family and told me she wanted to go back. She is of course not a member. Another guy who my companion was talking to was extremely interested and wanted to hear more about our message. The way the conversation started wasn't the best but everyone is a child of god and we should take every opportunity to talk to as many people as we can about the restored gospel. 

The other day we met with sister Exyl and Brother Jared to share a message. It was so cool we had a great conversation where Sister Exyl told us she is ready for baptism, she knows its true and she told us an experience that happened a while back. While getting ready for church everyone in her family was running late so she left and walked by herself to church. I remember that day when me and Elder Villian walked in 40 minutes before church started and Sister Exyl was sitting in the chapel alone. It was so cool to hear her side because she expressed how important church is to her. I later asked them if they feel like the gospel had strengthen their family and they said yes. They then gave more examples. It was so cool! They are at church every Sunday and are both active in answering questions and sharing experiences. Its so cool to have seen here progression in the gospel. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!
Love Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment